Saturday, June 25, 2011

Strawberry Jam


Just a day before my Pharmacology exam, with all my nerves hyperactivating, stress level on a high and feeling like I want to postpone my exam again...I stumbled upon this life-saving recipe

Her blog is filled with such beautifully taken pictures and this recipe seems so easy and fail-proof. So then I decided that I HAVE to go for my exam so that I can start experimenting on this recipe and other recipes that I have found on her site! :-D
 
So here I am.....Pharm exam done and ready to fulfill my mission! :-D

Went straight to the open market outside Obchodni Dum Tesco to buy a box of strawberries that I saw with Sie Ong just the week before. The signs were saying that it's 50Kc per kg. The strawberries from afar already looked somewhat squashed. But since I am gonna be squashing them anyway, no harm right? :-P
 
To be honest, what attracted me to the strawberries from this stall is not the price tag but hehe...the box they come in. Alas...I was deceived. When I went back there again, I discovered that you don't get the box it comes in AND I was also stupid enough to think that whole box is 1 kg itself...so yeah, that big whole box only cost me 50Kc. Hah! =.= After having Yumi helped me pick out the strawberries, I handed the box to the vendor and then he proceeded to weigh it and then I realised.....=.= 

Anyway, on with the recipe. Do check out Indochinekitchen's post here. I followed it to the dot. Except that I didn't know that sugar is being used a sort of preservatives...so in my mind, I was thinking to reduce the amount cos 200grams seems rather diabetic to me. XD Plus the strawberries were rather sweet already.

I am not sure how long my jam could have lasted as my guinea pigs all seemed to have finished it before the 2 weeks storage time mentioned by Indochinekitchen! :-D

I received very good feedback from my friends whom I gave my jam to. So this is definitely a keeper...eventhough I am not much of a jam person. :-P
 
 Next up I am gonna try to infuse some new taste to my jam. Was playing around this idea...strawberry with cinnamon, strawberry with mint [I have a pot of mint waiting to be used :-D] or strawberry with fruit tea leaves? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment