Sunday, December 5, 2010

Japanese Food-curios

One of the most interesting thing about living with a person of different nationality is the food stuff their family sent. lol. Well, actually when I was living together with 2 of my Malaysian Indian friends, their food parcels were filled with loads of stuff that I haven't seen before. But it's a whole new experience when you don't exactly know what kind of food it is because it's written in Japanese. :-P And then come in my Japanese language translator --> Yumi! Once she says out the Japanese word, I'd know it....because my Japanese language is limited to its food items only. :-) She'd tell you the same too ;-P

There's a lot of food curios in our ladder. This is one; which Yumi 'cooked' after the Karaoke Night held by my class to raise money for the Graduates' Night --> It's some sort of tradition that 4th Years have to organise it for the 6th Years... ^_^

ODEN!
Japan's really amazing with all their extremely convenient packaging [you just dunk the bag in to a boiling pot of water!] and when you remove the content, it could really pass off as something you cook yourself! 

 See? It must be great to be a student in Japan...cramming for exams and still getting a semblance of real food as opposed to my poor diet of instant noodles during exam period. =_=

 There's fish cakes filled with something. An egg. Some sort of squid-ball lookalike [but it's not squid]. Konyakku. A ribbon of seaweed. A slice of daikon. I love the soup. It's actually really nice. Even Yumi was surprised. Only the egg was, well, doesn't taste like egg....

This is pickled radish that Yumi got from the Korean-Japanese shop in Prague.....I suppose only a Japanese @ Korean would pick this up....so I'd classify it under this. :-P Don't like this....a bit too sourish pickl-ish for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment