Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sport Café

Everyone in HK [that's Hradec Králové, not Hong Kong, mind you!] knows about Sport Café. Some say it serves the best pizza in town. I am not a big fan of pizza, so I can't say much about that. :-P

Actually, until recently, I don't really like to go to this place. Their menu is not that fascinating. And my major reason is that it's so SMOKY! Go there after a shower and it won't make a difference. I, for one, can't enjoy my food properly in a smoky environment. You know, the whole thing about needing you sense of smell to complement your sense of taste. 

Unfortunately in Czech Republic, smoking is allowed in restaurants. :-(

Anyway, they have extended their menu since....I don't know when. In my previous visit within the same month, I have tried their Spaghetti Carbonara....pretty good, I must say. 

This time, together with Jay, Noel and Daniella, I decided to try something different.

Gnocchi con Salmone [100grms] - 129 CZK
[potato gnocchi with fresh salmon and cream]

I have been eyeing this on the menu for quite some time now...I am big fan of salmon, and quite alright with gnocchi. Thought turns to push and finally I leap at this. And I really like it!. Quite a number of salmon pieces. Portion was just nice; the amount of gnocchi in it is enough to satisfy your hunger, but not till it makes you sick of eating it.Actually, I needed just a bit more to be full. :-P The texture of the gnocchi is nice as well, not too chewy till it becomes a mouth workout!



Penne Sport Café [300grms] - 109CZK
[penne, chicken pieces, tomatoes, ketchup, tomatoes puree]

This is Jay's order, but I tried a bit..hehe...and it's good! Very flavorful and portion is definitely bigger than my gnocchi.


Chicken Steak with Baby Spinach [200grms] - 129CZK
[chicken steak with baby spinach]
Boiled Potatoes - 20CZK

Noel and Daniella shared this. :-) Seems alright, I think. The baby spinach didn't look so baby-sized...haha

Sport Café
Velké náměstí 151/10, Hradec Králové, 500 02 




No comments:

Post a Comment